Friday 6 March 2009

Cthulhu Waits Dreaming

Fantasy Flight Games have announced their Bag of Cthulhu featuring a load of carved Cthulhu gamepeices. These look absolutely great and have reminded me of how much I enjoy the writing of H.P.Lovecraft. Along with the works of Robert E.Howard the Cthulhu mythos stories formed the backbone of my education in the pulp scene of the 20's & 30's. The Call of Cthulhu was written in 1926 but didn't see print until 1928.
It's been a while since I played the Call of Cthulhu Roleplaying Game but I would definately like to give this game another go. I still have my 3rd edition copy of the rules (which I found only a few days ago) and will try and pick up the latest 6th edition rules soon.

I have a handful of 1920's style adventuer models that I could paint up for a one off game. It might be fun to spend an evening of horror in the company of the Eldar Gods again.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that there used to be a site that showd how to make Cthulhu artifacts in 1/1 scale. They showed carved soapstone sculptures and statues or desk ornaments built up from Sculpy.

    I have always thought it would be fun to have a couple of similar items on my business desk!

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it keeps the minions at heal who am I to argue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply as soon as I can, so why not pop back later and continue the conversation. In the meantime, keep rolling high!