Monday 26 January 2009

Convention Calendar 2009

There are a few events each year that I never miss and usually a longer list of events I’d like to attend. My wish list for 2009 includes Wargames shows, RPG conventions and living history events. As in previous years I'll attend, digital camera in hand, and will post pictures here and on my Facebook Page. Aside from being fun days out these are the events that replenish my Lead Mountain, refill my painting supplies and provide inspiration and ideas for future projects.

28th March : Salute 09
London Excel Centre - The biggest one day event in the gaming calendar. Display games, loads of traders, a painting competition and lots more. This is my favourite event of the year and on my 'must not miss' list.

31st May: Firepower 2009
Woolwich Firepower Wargaming Event - Staged in association with the South East London War Games Group this is one event that I keep meaning to attend and always end up missing.

28th June: Rampage 09
All Saints School, Terling Road, Dagenham - This event includes Trade stands and a Bring & Buy stall. A small show but its local to me so I usually try to go along.

4-5th July: Bovington 2009
The Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset. - Run by Battlegroup South this is a show that I have long wanted to attend but always seem to miss.

25-26th July: To the Redoubt
Eastborne Redoubt - The 25th Anniversary show run by Redoubt Enterprises. I attended this show for the first time in 2008 and had a great time. Worth making the effort to attend.

29th-31st August: Military Odyssey
The Country's Largest Multi-Period Living History Event with a huge collectors market and hundreds of traders. Something here for everyone on the lookout for inspiration and ideas.

Oct: SELWG 09
This event has been off the calendar for a few years while Crystal Palace underwent a refurbishment (and removed Asbestos). The dates have yet to be confirmed but its usually mid October.

28th November: Dragonmeet 09
Kensington Town Hall, London - This is always one of the big events in the UK RPG calendar, with trade stands, panels, etc. I try to tie attending this event with a shopping trip to my favorite model shop in central london.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply as soon as I can, so why not pop back later and continue the conversation. In the meantime, keep rolling high!